“With hundreds of entries across 14 categories, this year’s Skift IDEA Awards winners represent the innovations, design, and experiences defining the future of travel." Matt Heidkamp, Creative Strategy Director, Skift
Oaky was recognised for its Dynamic Room Upgrade Pricing feature, which was developed in collaboration with OTA Insight. Dynamic Room Upgrade Pricing uses secure real-time pricing data to calculate a dynamic room upgrade supplement based on the difference between the booked room type and available room upgrades.
“Ever since Oaky’s early days, we’ve started our mornings reading Skift’s newsletter. We see Skift as the Wall Street Journal of travel technology, and an innovator in itself – so for us to be recognised as the winner in their Tech Provider category feels extremely special. We’ve been given a real energy boost to go into 2021 to achieve new levels of innovation.” Erik Tengen, Oaky co-founder
We’re honoured to be in the company of internationally renowned and reputed organisations including:
- Presley’s Place by Pittsburgh International Airport (Accessibility and Inclusion)
- The Centurion® Lounge at John F. Kennedy Airport (Air Travel)
- Zeno by Serko (Business Travel Innovation)
- Self-Cleaning Water Bottle by LARQ (Consumer Product)
- Contactless Stay App by citizenM (Contactless Solution)
- Responsible Travel Initiative by Silvercar by Audi (Contactless Solution)
- The Leading Light in Hospitality Cleanliness by UVD Robots (Designing Safety)
- Renewed Destination Website by Kyoto Tourism (Destination Innovation)
- Sir Explore by Sir Hotels (Experience or Excursion)
- Water Retreats by Soneva Fushi (Guest Room)
- Sensible Sustainable Solutions by Bensley (Hospitality Innovation)
- Tapping into Nashville’s Creative Spirit by Graduate Nashville (Public Space)
- Building a Sustainable Future for Unpaid Caregivers by Carefree (Sustainability)
Congratulations to all the winners and honourable mentions!
Skift is the biggest business intelligence brand in travel, deciphering and defining trends for global CEOs and CMOs across travel, dining, and wellness sectors through a combination of news, research, conferences, and marketing services.
The Skift IDEA Awards (Innovation, Design + Experience Awards) celebrate the big ideas defining the future of travel through innovation, design, and experiences across the consumer journey. The awards honor inspiring work from brands, agencies, and tech providers creating better ways to travel — from architecture to interiors, digital to events, tech to transportation, and everything in between.